Throughput Rate Drop - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Throughput Rate Drop - Veritas Backup Exec ; The throughput rate on my backup drops drastically for the verify stage of the job. Is there any setting I can change to prevent this? This happens despite the fact that Backup Exec is the only significant application other than ...

  1. Throughput Rate Drop

    The throughput rate on my backup drops drastically for the verify stage of
    the job. Is there any setting I can change to prevent this? This happens
    despite the fact that Backup Exec is the only significant application other
    than Windows running on the server when the backup is scheduled to execute.
    The throughput rate drops before there is any conflict with other maintenance
    jobs.

  2. Re: Throughput Rate Drop

    Moin Ed,
    did you check that you have installed the rigth MDAC and JET
    on the backup server ??
    We had a similar problems and solve it with MDAC+JET.
    It maybe that you have to reinstall BE after updating MDAC.
    Good luck
    Rainer

    "Ed Niven" wrote:

    >The throughput rate on my backup drops drastically for the verify stage

    of
    >the job. Is there any setting I can change to prevent this? This happens
    >despite the fact that Backup Exec is the only significant application other
    >than Windows running on the server when the backup is scheduled to execute.
    > The throughput rate drops before there is any conflict with other maintenance
    >jobs.

+ Reply to Thread