Unable to attach to \\NTWORK\C. - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Unable to attach to \\NTWORK\C. - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have read MANY notes, but all that I have read involves more than one server. I am trying to backup one server and one NT workstation. The server goes ok, but the workstation comes back as, "Unable to attach ...

  1. Unable to attach to \\NTWORK\C.

    I have read MANY notes, but all that I have read involves more than one server.
    I am trying to backup one server and one NT workstation. The server goes
    ok, but the workstation comes back as,
    "Unable to attach to \\WTWORK\C."
    "ACCESS IS DENIED."
    I am not a computer expert, so take it easy. Thanks

  2. Re: Unable to attach to \\NTWORK\C.

    Jim,
    I've got the same problem.. several workstations work fine, but some get
    this message. If you get a fix, please let me know.. vis versa.
    Thanks,
    STeve

    "jim Weber" wrote:

    >I have read MANY notes, but all that I have read involves more than one

    server.
    > I am trying to backup one server and one NT workstation. The server goes
    >ok, but the workstation comes back as,
    >"Unable to attach to \\WTWORK\C."
    >"ACCESS IS DENIED."
    >I am not a computer expert, so take it easy. Thanks

  3. Re: Unable to attach to \\NTWORK\C.

    hello,

    I'm sure that you checked out that you can connect to the workstation per
    Win-Explorer
    without any problems, also that it is in the same domain (or the account you
    use is also allowed in an other)
    and that you installed the winNT Workstation-Agent correctly.

    maybe this link would be helpfull for you:

    when the error is still alive please give more information about your BE
    Version and build
    also which network you have ...server type etc......

    regards

    werner Steinegger

    "jim Weber" schrieb im Newsbeitrag

    > I have read MANY notes, but all that I have read involves more than one

    server.
    > I am trying to backup one server and one NT workstation. The server goes
    > ok, but the workstation comes back as,
    > "Unable to attach to \\WTWORK\C."
    > "ACCESS IS DENIED."
    > I am not a computer expert, so take it easy. Thanks

  4. Re: Unable to attach to \\NTWORK\C.

    Steve, I recently found out that this workstation has mirrored hard drives
    in it and is set up as another server. Hence, we need to upgrade to multiple
    servers edition. Jim

    "Steve Christenson" wrote:

    >Jim,
    > I've got the same problem.. several workstations work fine, but some get
    >this message. If you get a fix, please let me know.. vis versa.
    >Thanks,
    >STeve
    >
    >"jim Weber" wrote:
    >>
    >>I have read MANY notes, but all that I have read involves more than one

    >server.
    >> I am trying to backup one server and one NT workstation. The server goes
    >>ok, but the workstation comes back as,
    >>"Unable to attach to \\WTWORK\C."
    >>"ACCESS IS DENIED."
    >>I am not a computer expert, so take it easy. Thanks

+ Reply to Thread