Don't want the tape to eject (BE 8.5) - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Don't want the tape to eject (BE 8.5) - Veritas Backup Exec ; Anytime I get an alert (overwrite protection, drive not responding, etc...) BE 8.5 signals the drive to eject the tape. This effectively means I have to drive to the backup site (30 minutes each way) just to eject the tape ...

  1. Don't want the tape to eject (BE 8.5)

    Anytime I get an alert (overwrite protection, drive not responding, etc...)
    BE 8.5 signals the drive to eject the tape. This effectively means I have
    to drive to the backup site (30 minutes each way) just to eject the tape
    and re-insert it. Is there any way to turn off the eject media command from
    BE?

  2. Re: Don't want the tape to eject (BE 8.5)

    I am using BE 8.6 and have the same prob.

    "Darin" wrote:

    >Anytime I get an alert (overwrite protection, drive not responding, etc...)
    >BE 8.5 signals the drive to eject the tape. This effectively means I have
    >to drive to the backup site (30 minutes each way) just to eject the tape
    >and re-insert it. Is there any way to turn off the eject media command from
    >BE?

+ Reply to Thread