Iomega NAS A300 - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Iomega NAS A300 - Veritas Backup Exec ; Backup Exec 8.0 WidowsNT 4.0 sp6 I have installed an Iomega network storage unit and mapped to a drive in my NT machine. Everything works fine (I can access and read files with no problem). When I use back up ...

  1. Iomega NAS A300

    Backup Exec 8.0 WidowsNT 4.0 sp6

    I have installed an Iomega network storage unit and mapped to a drive in my
    NT machine. Everything works fine (I can access and read files with no
    problem). When I use back up exec to back up the drive, the drive is grayed
    out. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Victoria

  2. Re: Iomega NAS A300

    Don't all answer at once...

    Has there been a resolution for this? I am trying to backup an Iomega
    P405u and cannot get Backup Exec to access user defined shares. I keep
    receiving "Access Denied" no matter what account I connect with...

    "Victoria" wrote in news:3d2a0550$1@hronntp01.:

    > Backup Exec 8.0 WidowsNT 4.0 sp6
    >
    > I have installed an Iomega network storage unit and mapped to a drive
    > in my NT machine. Everything works fine (I can access and read files
    > with no problem). When I use back up exec to back up the drive, the
    > drive is grayed out. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Victoria

  3. Re: Iomega NAS A300

    I have been backing up an a300u from a win 2000 machine, both on a Netware
    5 Network. I created an acount with admin rights on the nas that is identical
    to the Novell user name/password of the backupadmin user for the backup server.
    I'm using BE 8.6 for Win NT-2000. It's slow but that's cause of a slow DSL
    Link between the two buildings.

    James Hands wrote:
    >Don't all answer at once...
    >
    >Has there been a resolution for this? I am trying to backup an Iomega
    >P405u and cannot get Backup Exec to access user defined shares. I keep

    >receiving "Access Denied" no matter what account I connect with...
    >

    >"Victoria" wrote in news:3d2a0550$1@hronntp01.:
    >
    >> Backup Exec 8.0 WidowsNT 4.0 sp6
    >>
    >> I have installed an Iomega network storage unit and mapped to a drive
    >> in my NT machine. Everything works fine (I can access and read files
    >> with no problem). When I use back up exec to back up the drive, the
    >> drive is grayed out. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> Victoria

  4. Re: Iomega NAS A300

    Is user defined shared selected in tools > options > network tab.

    Hope this helps
    Juana

    "Kevin Twiest" wrote in message

    > I have been backing up an a300u from a win 2000 machine, both on a Netware
    > 5 Network. I created an acount with admin rights on the nas that is

    identical
    > to the Novell user name/password of the backupadmin user for the backup

    server.
    > I'm using BE 8.6 for Win NT-2000. It's slow but that's cause of a slow DSL
    > Link between the two buildings.
    >
    > James Hands wrote:
    > >Don't all answer at once...
    > >
    > >Has there been a resolution for this? I am trying to backup an Iomega
    > >P405u and cannot get Backup Exec to access user defined shares. I keep

    > >receiving "Access Denied" no matter what account I connect with...
    > >

    > >"Victoria" wrote in news:3d2a0550$1@hronntp01.:
    > >
    > >> Backup Exec 8.0 WidowsNT 4.0 sp6
    > >>
    > >> I have installed an Iomega network storage unit and mapped to a drive
    > >> in my NT machine. Everything works fine (I can access and read files
    > >> with no problem). When I use back up exec to back up the drive, the
    > >> drive is grayed out. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    > >>
    > >> Thanks,
    > >> Victoria

+ Reply to Thread