Archiving to tape form disk backup - strategy ? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Archiving to tape form disk backup - strategy ? - Veritas Backup Exec ; Has anyone implemented a strategy with 8.6 to initially backup to disk then archive to offline media, ie tape. Any thoughts, architecture plans, strategies, real world examples would be appreciated. Thanks JA...

  1. Archiving to tape form disk backup - strategy ?

    Has anyone implemented a strategy with 8.6 to initially backup to disk then
    archive to offline media, ie tape. Any thoughts, architecture plans,
    strategies, real world examples would be appreciated.

    Thanks

    JA

  2. Re: Archiving to tape form disk backup - strategy ?

    This seems to be a common question, and we are trying to do this as well.
    If you backup the bkf to tape, even a small file restore would require a
    restore of the entire bkf, correct? Is there a way to have BE see the contents
    of a bkf once it has been backed up to tape? Is there a better way to be
    doing this?

    "Jantonio" wrote:
    >Has anyone implemented a strategy with 8.6 to initially backup to disk then
    >archive to offline media, ie tape. Any thoughts, architecture plans,
    >strategies, real world examples would be appreciated.
    >
    >Thanks
    >
    >JA

  3. Re: Archiving to tape form disk backup - strategy ?

    Hi There,

    Has there been a resolution to this?
    I am having the same problem....

    "Greg" wrote:

    >This seems to be a common question, and we are trying to do this as well.
    > If you backup the bkf to tape, even a small file restore would require

    >restore of the entire bkf, correct? Is there a way to have BE see the contents
    >of a bkf once it has been backed up to tape? Is there a better way to be
    >doing this?
    >
    >"Jantonio" wrote:
    >>Has anyone implemented a strategy with 8.6 to initially backup to disk

    then
    >>archive to offline media, ie tape. Any thoughts, architecture plans,
    >>strategies, real world examples would be appreciated.
    >>
    >>Thanks
    >>
    >>JA

+ Reply to Thread