BE 8.6, backup failed because virus protection is out of date!! - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on BE 8.6, backup failed because virus protection is out of date!! - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi, I'm recieving the following error: "Your virus files may need to be updated. Please select the update protection files menu items to download the latest signature files." The Virus protection option is not enabled on the backup job, and ...

  1. BE 8.6, backup failed because virus protection is out of date!!

    Hi, I'm recieving the following error:

    "Your virus files may need to be updated. Please select the update
    protection files menu items to download the latest signature files."

    The Virus protection option is not enabled on the backup job, and I don't
    want to enable this because I have another antivirus product on the machine.

    How do I fix this? I know I can update the definitions, but this is as far
    as I can see a manual option, and I don't want to run this every know and
    then, when my other antivirus product is constantly updated automaticly.

    Regards,
    Nikolaj

  2. Re: BE 8.6, backup failed because virus protection is out of date!!

    Hi,

    look at the following links:

    for complete disable of the virus-scan

    and
    for disable the the virus update prompt:
    http://seer.support.veritas.com//docs/191472.htm

    regards

    Werner

    "Nikolaj Friis Larsen" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > Hi, I'm recieving the following error:
    >
    > "Your virus files may need to be updated. Please select the update
    > protection files menu items to download the latest signature files."
    >
    > The Virus protection option is not enabled on the backup job, and I don't
    > want to enable this because I have another antivirus product on the

    machine.

    > How do I fix this? I know I can update the definitions, but this is as far
    > as I can see a manual option, and I don't want to run this every know and
    > then, when my other antivirus product is constantly updated automaticly.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Nikolaj

+ Reply to Thread