Library Expansion Option function? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Library Expansion Option function? - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi all, May I know what is the the function of the Library Expansion Option? And if I have a Tape Library connect to a Fiber-to-Switch Router, how many Library Expansion Option do I need? Pls advice Thanks you. Rolman...

  1. Library Expansion Option function?

    Hi all, May I know what is the the function of the Library Expansion Option?
    And if I have a Tape Library connect to a Fiber-to-Switch Router, how many
    Library Expansion Option do I need?

    Pls advice

    Thanks you.
    Rolman

  2. Re: Library Expansion Option function?

    Hello,

    the "function" is that you are allowed to use more then one drive in a
    library.
    With BE Base-Packet (Server Ed., Adv. Server Ed.) you are allowed to use 1
    Library
    with 1 drive, for every drive more in the lib you need 1 LEO.

    a.e. 2 libraries each with 5 drives you need 9 LEOs

    regards

    Werner

    "rolman" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > Hi all, May I know what is the the function of the Library Expansion

    Option?
    > And if I have a Tape Library connect to a Fiber-to-Switch Router, how many
    > Library Expansion Option do I need?
    >
    > Pls advice
    >
    > Thanks you.
    > Rolman

  3. Re: Library Expansion Option function?

    Hi Werner,
    thanks for your response. So can I say that it must base on how many drive
    in the library? Hope I'm right.

    Thanks and Regards
    Rolman

  4. Re: Library Expansion Option function?

    Hi,

    yes,
    1x Leo = 1 Lib + 1 drive (this is what in the Base-Package is include)
    for 2 Libs with each 1 drive inside attached to your BE-Server
    you need 1x Leo
    1 Lib + 2 drive also 1 LEO
    1 Lib + 3 drive 2x Leo

    etc.....

    > Hi Werner,
    > thanks for your response. So can I say that it must base on how many drive
    > in the library? Hope I'm right.
    >

    > Thanks and Regards
    > Rolman

+ Reply to Thread