Restore asking for wrong label - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Restore asking for wrong label - Veritas Backup Exec ; I know I'm using the correct tape, however an alert comes up and asks me to put in the media labled dlt000012. I reinsert the correct tape and it keeps asking me to insert the correct tape. I know it ...

  1. Restore asking for wrong label

    I know I'm using the correct tape, however an alert comes up and asks me to
    put in the media labled dlt000012. I reinsert the correct tape and it keeps
    asking me to insert the correct tape. I know it is the correct one! I inventory
    the tape and it comes up with a completely different label. Any ideas?

  2. Re: Restore asking for wrong label

    Dou you by any chance have overwrite protection set to NONE? if so, it is
    possible that BENT has overwritten the tape that you want.

    This is why I always recommend Overwrite Protection of Partial.

    "kevin delaney" wrote:

    >I know I'm using the correct tape, however an alert comes up and asks me

    >put in the media labled dlt000012. I reinsert the correct tape and it keeps
    >asking me to insert the correct tape. I know it is the correct one! I

    inventory
    >the tape and it comes up with a completely different label. Any ideas?

+ Reply to Thread