Remote Agent Problem - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Remote Agent Problem - Veritas Backup Exec ; I am backing up several servers with BE 8.6. I have 2 different jobs; one runs nightly and the other runs on the weekend. On the nightly job when backing up one W2K server I receive a failed job because ...

  1. Remote Agent Problem

    I am backing up several servers with BE 8.6. I have 2 different jobs; one
    runs nightly and the other runs on the weekend. On the nightly job when
    backing up one W2K server I receive a failed job because the remote agent is
    not present, which it is. On the weekend job the same server gets backed up
    with no errors. The jobs are identical except for the times they start and
    the number of servers that are backed up. Any thoughts?

  2. Re: Remote Agent Problem

    have you tried re-creating the nightly job?

    "David" wrote:
    >I am backing up several servers with BE 8.6. I have 2 different jobs; one
    >runs nightly and the other runs on the weekend. On the nightly job when
    >backing up one W2K server I receive a failed job because the remote agent

    is
    >not present, which it is. On the weekend job the same server gets backed

    up
    >with no errors. The jobs are identical except for the times they start

    and
    >the number of servers that are backed up. Any thoughts?

+ Reply to Thread