Resetting Administrator Password - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Resetting Administrator Password - Veritas Backup Exec ; Running Windows 2000 server and the latest BE version. Our organization recently went moved to a new location, and to a new domain name. Our network administrator reset the new domain admin password to something different from the old domain. ...

  1. Resetting Administrator Password

    Running Windows 2000 server and the latest BE version.

    Our organization recently went moved to a new location, and to a new domain
    name. Our network administrator reset the new domain admin password to
    something different from the old domain.

    Now when I try to run BE it is popping up a window that says to connect to a
    server. I have tried to put different combinations of information in the
    window, however nothing works. If I cant connect to a server it closes out
    the program.

    Would it be easier to reinstall BE or is there a way to get it configured
    correctly.

    Thanks.

  2. Re: Resetting Administrator Password

    Ok.. I figured out that I needed to change the BE service to log on as the
    new domain admin, instead of the old one (i.e. olddomain\administrator to
    newdomain\administrator).

    Now my problem is this. With windows lovely use of profiles, BE does not
    remember any of our selections from our previous setup. Is there away to
    import all our setting from the old domain admin's account to the new domain
    account?

    Thanks.

    "Ash" wrote in message news:3d1c8a6b$1@hronntp01....
    > Running Windows 2000 server and the latest BE version.
    >
    > Our organization recently went moved to a new location, and to a new

    domain
    > name. Our network administrator reset the new domain admin password to
    > something different from the old domain.
    >
    > Now when I try to run BE it is popping up a window that says to connect to

    > server. I have tried to put different combinations of information in the
    > window, however nothing works. If I cant connect to a server it closes

    out
    > the program.
    >
    > Would it be easier to reinstall BE or is there a way to get it configured
    > correctly.
    >
    > Thanks.

  3. Re: Resetting Administrator Password

    ??

    BackupExec doesn't store ANYTHING in the profile. It's all stored in
    the ..BackupExec\NT\and ..\NT\DATA directories and the registry

    The files are PVL.MDB, JOBS7.DAT, BEWINNT7.SCH, and SCRIPTS.UNI

    Veritas does bury the domain name in various places in the registry.
    The easiest thing when changing domains is to join the new domain and
    then re-install the same build to the same location and let SETUP make
    all the changes.

    Ash wrote:

    >Ok.. I figured out that I needed to change the BE service to log on as the
    >new domain admin, instead of the old one (i.e. olddomain\administrator to
    >newdomain\administrator).
    >
    >Now my problem is this. With windows lovely use of profiles, BE does not
    >remember any of our selections from our previous setup. Is there away to
    >import all our setting from the old domain admin's account to the new domain
    >account?
    >
    >Thanks.
    >
    >"Ash" wrote in message news:3d1c8a6b$1@hronntp01....
    >
    >>Running Windows 2000 server and the latest BE version.
    >>
    >>Our organization recently went moved to a new location, and to a new
    >>

    >domain
    >
    >>name. Our network administrator reset the new domain admin password to
    >>something different from the old domain.
    >>
    >>Now when I try to run BE it is popping up a window that says to connect to

    >>server. I have tried to put different combinations of information in the
    >>window, however nothing works. If I cant connect to a server it closes
    >>

    >out
    >
    >>the program.
    >>
    >>Would it be easier to reinstall BE or is there a way to get it configured
    >>correctly.
    >>
    >>Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread