Greyed out backup selections - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Greyed out backup selections - Veritas Backup Exec ; Client has three NT4.0 servers. Server 1 is the backup server, server 2 is an exchange server, server 3 is a webserver. Running ver. 8.6 of backup exec and appropriate agents on the others. After having to uninstall and reinstall ...

  1. Greyed out backup selections

    Client has three NT4.0 servers. Server 1 is the backup server, server 2 is
    an exchange server, server 3 is a webserver. Running ver. 8.6 of backup exec
    and appropriate agents on the others. After having to uninstall and reinstall
    backup exec on the backup server, am no longer able to select the other two
    servers in the backup selections box. What I've tried. Made sure default
    & user selection was checked in the network tab under options. Uninstalled
    the agent on the other machines and re-installed the agents (even installed
    the agent on the backup server just in case). Checked permisions.

    Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

  2. Re: Greyed out backup selections

    Did you re-enter the licenses for that server. If it is grayed out it is out
    of evaluation period and only valid licenses restores the backup and restore
    functions.

    Bob

    "Peter Newfeld" wrote in message

    > Client has three NT4.0 servers. Server 1 is the backup server, server 2 is
    > an exchange server, server 3 is a webserver. Running ver. 8.6 of backup

    exec
    > and appropriate agents on the others. After having to uninstall and

    reinstall
    > backup exec on the backup server, am no longer able to select the other

    two
    > servers in the backup selections box. What I've tried. Made sure default
    > & user selection was checked in the network tab under options. Uninstalled
    > the agent on the other machines and re-installed the agents (even

    installed
    > the agent on the backup server just in case). Checked permisions.
    >
    > Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

+ Reply to Thread