Tape not even reaching uncompressed capacity - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Tape not even reaching uncompressed capacity - Veritas Backup Exec ; I am using backup exec 8.6 for 2000 Advanced Server, and a Sony SDT-9000 DDS-3 drive, w/ Sony DDS-3 tapes. The problem is, that Veritas is asking for a 2nd tape after anywhere from 2-6 GB of data. Hardware compression ...

  1. Tape not even reaching uncompressed capacity

    I am using backup exec 8.6 for 2000 Advanced Server, and a Sony SDT-9000 DDS-3
    drive, w/ Sony DDS-3 tapes. The problem is, that Veritas is asking for a
    2nd tape after anywhere from 2-6 GB of data. Hardware compression IS enabled
    (even if it wasn't I'm only backing up 7.8GB and should fit on 1 tape uncompressed)
    Anyone else ever have this problem??

  2. Re: Tape not even reaching uncompressed capacity

    P.S. I have the job set to overwrite media.

  3. Re: Tape not even reaching uncompressed capacity

    > Anyone else ever have this problem??

    I have seen a problem similar to this at a client's network. We were
    beating our head against the wall until we finally noticed that the person
    who purchases tapes bought DDS1 instead of DDS3 tapes. :-)

    -Rod

+ Reply to Thread