unable to attach message on backup - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on unable to attach message on backup - Veritas Backup Exec ; I am backup exec 8.6. I am trying to back up a server that has two drive letters (c and d). The backup backs up both drive letter c and d. The problem is that for some reason the backup ...

  1. unable to attach message on backup

    I am backup exec 8.6. I am trying to back up a server that has two drive
    letters (c and d). The backup backs up both drive letter c and d. The problem
    is that for some reason the backup is trying to backup a e drive and f drive.
    Neither of these drives exist as a share or actual drive. I have deselected
    the server to be backed up and then rebooted. I readded the server to the
    backup schedule and the same problem reoccurs. It is coming up with unable
    to attach \\servername\?. how do get rid of this message.

    thanks

  2. Re: unable to attach message on backup

    Reboot the server thats giving the prob. This helped when I had once prob.
    attaching to a server. In my case, that particular server lost connectivity
    in mid. of the night, however alive again immediately, but BExec just couldnt
    figure it out.

    "Jamie York" wrote:

    >I am backup exec 8.6. I am trying to back up a server that has two drive
    >letters (c and d). The backup backs up both drive letter c and d. The

    problem
    >is that for some reason the backup is trying to backup a e drive and f drive.
    > Neither of these drives exist as a share or actual drive. I have deselected
    >the server to be backed up and then rebooted. I readded the server to the
    >backup schedule and the same problem reoccurs. It is coming up with unable
    >to attach \\servername\?. how do get rid of this message.
    >
    >thanks

+ Reply to Thread