Pre and Post Commands - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Pre and Post Commands - Veritas Backup Exec ; I'm running a W2000 backup server BENT 8.6 Rev. 3878. Trying to use the Pre/Post options to stop/start a service on a W2000 server in a backup job which contains multiple servers. The .bat job is: netsvc.exe \\hphrdev1 ServiceCenter /stop ...

  1. Pre and Post Commands

    I'm running a W2000 backup server BENT 8.6 Rev. 3878. Trying to
    use the Pre/Post options to stop/start a service on a W2000 server in a backup
    job which contains multiple servers. The .bat
    job is: netsvc.exe \\hphrdev1 ServiceCenter /stop . If I run the
    .bat manually it works, when I add it to the Pre/Post in Veritas
    the log shows that the software reads it but nothing happens.
    Veritas support's answers was that it's software may not work with some executible.
    What! This is a W2000 Resource Kit exe. I was told to use the Scheduler
    or AT command on the local machine.
    This is not the answer I was looking for. Anyone out there find
    a way to make it work? Veritas needs to have its developers write some code
    to make this work....

    Thank you, FRUSTRATED

  2. Re: Pre and Post Commands

    > Veritas support's answers was that it's software may not work with some
    executible.

    Yeah, I find that answer kind of lame. My first guess at your problem would
    be that the Veritas services are not running with sufficient privileges.
    Does the service account have domain admin rights? Is the remote machine a
    member of the domain?

    -Rod

  3. Re: Pre and Post Commands

    I experienced that the Pre/Post command didnt work on BE 8.5 on Oracle server.
    We at the end created an independent batch prog. using NT command.

    "Rod Savard" wrote:
    >> Veritas support's answers was that it's software may not work with some

    >executible.
    >
    >Yeah, I find that answer kind of lame. My first guess at your problem would
    >be that the Veritas services are not running with sufficient privileges.
    >Does the service account have domain admin rights? Is the remote machine

    >member of the domain?
    >
    >-Rod

  4. Re: Pre and Post Commands

    The account we use for backups is a member of the domain admin
    group and the server does belong to the domain. I think it is
    poor design on Veritas.

    Thanks for your suggestion. Dave

    "Rod Savard" wrote:
    >> Veritas support's answers was that it's software may not work with some

    >executible.
    >
    >Yeah, I find that answer kind of lame. My first guess at your problem would
    >be that the Veritas services are not running with sufficient privileges.
    >Does the service account have domain admin rights? Is the remote machine

    >member of the domain?
    >
    >-Rod

+ Reply to Thread