Overwrite - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Overwrite - Veritas Backup Exec ; BE 8.6 Rev. 3808, windows 2000 SP 2. Single 12/24 DAT tape drive, DDS3 media, Compaq prolient 1600 server. We are backing up about 5.8GB which is 1/2 of the media capacity, the job is configured to overwrite, the media ...

  1. Overwrite

    BE 8.6 Rev. 3808, windows 2000 SP 2.

    Single 12/24 DAT tape drive, DDS3 media, Compaq prolient 1600 server.

    We are backing up about 5.8GB which is 1/2 of the media capacity, the job
    is configured to overwrite, the media overwrite protection level is set to
    none.

    After backing up about 5.3GB it will eject the media and ask for another
    media, after I reinsert the media the job fails with the following error

    "The media provided to continue the backup already contains data from one
    or more sets created during this operation. The operation can not be continued"

  2. Re: Overwrite

    "Joe" wrote:

    >BE 8.6 Rev. 3808, windows 2000 SP 2.
    >
    >Single 12/24 DAT tape drive, DDS3 media, Compaq prolient 1600 server.
    >
    >We are backing up about 5.8GB which is 1/2 of the media capacity, the job
    >is configured to overwrite, the media overwrite protection level is set

    >none.
    >
    >After backing up about 5.3GB it will eject the media and ask for another
    >media, after I reinsert the media the job fails with the following error
    >
    >"The media provided to continue the backup already contains data from one
    >or more sets created during this operation. The operation can not be continued"

    Try throwing the tape into "scratch media"

+ Reply to Thread