Backup set aborted on Exchange store - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Backup set aborted on Exchange store - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hello, I hope someone has an answer for this one. I'm using Backup Exec 8.5 running Windows 2K server. When backing up an exchange store I get a message in the logs stating The Exchange store service is not responding. ...

  1. Backup set aborted on Exchange store

    Hello,
    I hope someone has an answer for this one. I'm using Backup Exec 8.5 running
    Windows 2K server. When backing up an exchange store I get a message in the
    logs stating The Exchange store service is not responding. Backup set aborted.
    The event viewer in W2K shows nothing bad. The store is up and running fine
    and people are logging in. This could also be a store issue and will probably
    have to deal with Microsoft, But I thought I'd start here first. Thanks for
    you valuable input on this.

  2. Re: Backup set aborted on Exchange store

    "Jim Lekas" wrote in message news:3d1a2e7d$1@hronntp01

    > I hope someone has an answer for this one. I'm using Backup Exec 8.5

    running
    > Windows 2K server. When backing up an exchange store I get a message in

    the
    > logs stating The Exchange store service is not responding.

    Does exchange itself says backup started ? if the event log
    Did this work at any point ?

    > The event viewer in W2K shows nothing bad. The store is up and running

    fine
    > and people are logging in. This could also be a store issue and will

    probably
    > have to deal with Microsoft, But I thought I'd start here first. Thanks

    for
    > you valuable input on this.

    Try to eliminate a BE error stop all BE services use NTbackup to backup the
    store to a file, just take the directory if you dont have room for a full
    backup to disk from the IS.

    Cycling BE or the EX services sometimes does wonders

  3. Re: Backup set aborted on Exchange store

    I second trying this. When I called Veritas with this problem they just blamed
    it on the information store. With a little "fiddling" around it it still
    happened and then just went away.

    Chris

    "Flemming Riis" wrote:
    >"Jim Lekas" wrote in message news:3d1a2e7d$1@hronntp01
    >
    >> I hope someone has an answer for this one. I'm using Backup Exec 8.5

    >running
    >> Windows 2K server. When backing up an exchange store I get a message in

    >the
    >> logs stating The Exchange store service is not responding.

    >Does exchange itself says backup started ? if the event log
    >Did this work at any point ?
    >
    >> The event viewer in W2K shows nothing bad. The store is up and running

    >fine
    >> and people are logging in. This could also be a store issue and will

    >probably
    >> have to deal with Microsoft, But I thought I'd start here first. Thanks

    >for
    >> you valuable input on this.

    >Try to eliminate a BE error stop all BE services use NTbackup to backup

    the
    >store to a file, just take the directory if you dont have room for a full
    >backup to disk from the IS.
    >
    >Cycling BE or the EX services sometimes does wonders

+ Reply to Thread