BE SBS 8.6 MS SBS 2000 Exchange License Errors - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on BE SBS 8.6 MS SBS 2000 Exchange License Errors - Veritas Backup Exec ; A company that I do work for as SBS 2000 with BE SBS V8.6 Installed and recently started getting errors stating that they were nearing there license capacity and then today they received an error saying that they were out ...

  1. BE SBS 8.6 MS SBS 2000 Exchange License Errors

    A company that I do work for as SBS 2000 with BE SBS V8.6 Installed and recently
    started getting errors stating that they were nearing there license capacity
    and then today they received an error saying that they were out of licenses.
    I checked the microsoft website and found that the error occurs because
    BE 8.6 with the mailbox option checked does not release the licenses after
    it is done. Does anyone know if there is a patch or a hotfix for this for
    either Microsoft or Veritas that will let BE 8.6 release the licenses when
    it is done with them. The only other options that I found were to either
    restart the Backup Exec Job engine in services or to use the Information
    Store option instead of the Mailbox Option. If anyone else has experienced
    this and knows of a fix please email me.

    Thanks,

    Mike Anderson

  2. Re: BE SBS 8.6 MS SBS 2000 Exchange License Errors

    Nope this is an issue that is not solved.
    Go to microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz2000 and you will see many notes
    on this and other SBS issues.
    2 solutions -
    1) Stop and start the services daily via a script. Stopping the service
    after the backup is done releases the licences.
    2) If they are fully complient (be sure) they can always turn off the
    licence logging service on the server. No logging - No messages!

    "Mike Anderson" wrote in message

    > A company that I do work for as SBS 2000 with BE SBS V8.6 Installed and

    recently
    > started getting errors stating that they were nearing there license

    capacity
    > and then today they received an error saying that they were out of

    licenses.
    > I checked the microsoft website and found that the error occurs because
    > BE 8.6 with the mailbox option checked does not release the licenses after
    > it is done. Does anyone know if there is a patch or a hotfix for this for
    > either Microsoft or Veritas that will let BE 8.6 release the licenses when
    > it is done with them. The only other options that I found were to either
    > restart the Backup Exec Job engine in services or to use the Information
    > Store option instead of the Mailbox Option. If anyone else has

    experienced
    > this and knows of a fix please email me.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Mike Anderson

  3. Re: BE SBS 8.6 MS SBS 2000 Exchange License Errors

    Microsoft has provided this link for the fix:

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/r...eleaseID=32720

    Hope it helps. I haven't installed it yet, but it seems to reference SP3.
    Service Pack 3 may include the fix as well.

    Kiere

    "Mike Anderson" wrote:

    >A company that I do work for as SBS 2000 with BE SBS V8.6 Installed and

    recently
    >started getting errors stating that they were nearing there license capacity
    >and then today they received an error saying that they were out of licenses.
    > I checked the microsoft website and found that the error occurs because
    >BE 8.6 with the mailbox option checked does not release the licenses after
    >it is done. Does anyone know if there is a patch or a hotfix for this for
    >either Microsoft or Veritas that will let BE 8.6 release the licenses when
    >it is done with them. The only other options that I found were to either
    >restart the Backup Exec Job engine in services or to use the Information
    >Store option instead of the Mailbox Option. If anyone else has experienced
    >this and knows of a fix please email me.
    >
    >Thanks,
    >
    >Mike Anderson

+ Reply to Thread