Backup-Problems in workgroup - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Backup-Problems in workgroup - Veritas Backup Exec ; we are using backup exec 8.6 and got a workgroup (no domain!) with two linux servers and two win 2k server. we are using one win 2k server to backup the other three servers. with the two linux servers we ...

  1. Backup-Problems in workgroup

    we are using backup exec 8.6 and got a workgroup (no domain!) with two linux
    servers and two win 2k server. we are using one win 2k server to backup the
    other three servers. with the two linux servers we have no problems to
    backup them. but we are not able to backup the win 2k server. (the agent ist
    running). we only see the server in our backup exec client (but thats all).
    we can't select the server in the client!

    please help !!! thanks!

  2. Re: Backup-Problems in workgroup

    Are you using the same account/password on both Win2k servers? Also, make
    sure the account on the server being backed up has backup operators and administrative
    rights. HTH.

+ Reply to Thread