Backup Exec. 8.6 Rev. 3808
Windows 2000 server

I have not been able to get a backup since 4/22 - all of a sudden the tapes
are no longer recognized. I've removed the tape drive from the devices list
and restarted the services so it would find it again. This didn't help.
The error:
Media is unrecognized.

The media in Archive 1 is written ina an unrecognized format. Erase the
media to make it useable.

This is occuring on new media that has only a couple backups written to it
as well as tapes that have been used all year. I've inserted the tape and
gone to device operations, erase but the options are grayed out and I can't
erase the tape. Any suggestions?