Backup fails 1 hour after Backup Complete message - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Backup fails 1 hour after Backup Complete message - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi all, I have a strange problem with BENT. My backups complete and there is no error message in the log file. The verify completes successfully saying 0 files were different. But i get "Job Completion Status: Failed" exactly 1 ...

  1. Backup fails 1 hour after Backup Complete message

    Hi all,

    I have a strange problem with BENT.
    My backups complete and there is no error message in the log file. The verify
    completes successfully saying 0 files were different.
    But i get "Job Completion Status: Failed" exactly 1 hour after verify complete.

    I have tried to clean the drives and it is still happening.
    Has anybody experienced this or has the solution?

    Thanks in advance for your help,
    Stephane.

  2. Re: Backup fails 1 hour after Backup Complete message

    Don't know if this applies to your situation or not but sometimes BENT
    reports a job as failed when it has simply skipped enough files that were
    "in use" during the backup. Reviewing the log indicates no other problems
    and I have not been able to ascertain just how many, what type or what size
    files triggers this phenomenon. Does any one else know?

    "Stephane Pointu" wrote in message

    > Hi all,
    >
    > I have a strange problem with BENT.
    > My backups complete and there is no error message in the log file. The

    verify
    > completes successfully saying 0 files were different.
    > But i get "Job Completion Status: Failed" exactly 1 hour after verify

    complete.

    > I have tried to clean the drives and it is still happening.
    > Has anybody experienced this or has the solution?
    >
    > Thanks in advance for your help,
    > Stephane.

  3. Re: Backup fails 1 hour after Backup Complete message

    Hi Stephane,
    I had the same prob. with Cpq DLT 35/70G. Failed job without any clue i
    the log. Reinventory tape relabelled it to "?". Weird... I doing test here
    and there.
    I guess I cant help much but I thought I should share...

    "John Gold" wrote:
    >Don't know if this applies to your situation or not but sometimes BENT
    >reports a job as failed when it has simply skipped enough files that were
    >"in use" during the backup. Reviewing the log indicates no other problems
    >and I have not been able to ascertain just how many, what type or what size
    >files triggers this phenomenon. Does any one else know?
    >
    >"Stephane Pointu" wrote in message
    >>
    >> Hi all,
    >>
    >> I have a strange problem with BENT.
    >> My backups complete and there is no error message in the log file. The

    >verify
    >> completes successfully saying 0 files were different.
    >> But i get "Job Completion Status: Failed" exactly 1 hour after verify

    >complete.
    >>
    >> I have tried to clean the drives and it is still happening.
    >> Has anybody experienced this or has the solution?
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance for your help,
    >> Stephane.

+ Reply to Thread