Tape won't eject - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Tape won't eject - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have a Compaq DLT380 with an AIT35 drive and this is the second time that the tape will not eject in 2 weeks. The first time Compaq sent out a new drive to me and after installing it I ...

  1. Tape won't eject

    I have a Compaq DLT380 with an AIT35 drive and this is the second time that
    the tape will not eject in 2 weeks. The first time Compaq sent out a new
    drive to me and after installing it I got one backup out of it but the tape
    will not eject. I tried to having backup exec run an eject but it just sits
    at 0%, I have also tried pushing the eject button on the drive and nothing.
    I have tried rebooting, restarting the services and everything else I can
    think of. what could be causing this problem?????

  2. Re: Tape won't eject

    Hi Travis,

    did you get a solution for your problem? I have the same problem with my HP
    surestore 20gb.

    If this error occurs in BE the job hangs in the loading state.

    There are two solutions to eject the tape:
    First is to reboot the server.
    Second is to stop the BE services running on the nt4 machine (if it's
    possible) and to update the firmware of the drive. While updating the
    firmware this update software ejects the tape by itself.

    But this can't be a sensible way of working the problem.

    Greetings
    Peter

    "Travis Longworth" schrieb im Newsbeitrag

    > I have a Compaq DLT380 with an AIT35 drive and this is the second time

    that
    > the tape will not eject in 2 weeks. The first time Compaq sent out a new
    > drive to me and after installing it I got one backup out of it but the

    tape
    > will not eject. I tried to having backup exec run an eject but it just

    sits
    > at 0%, I have also tried pushing the eject button on the drive and

    nothing.
    > I have tried rebooting, restarting the services and everything else I can
    > think of. what could be causing this problem?????

  3. Re: Tape won't eject

    Used to have this problem with an Exabyte MammothII drive in an autoloader..
    I was able to force an eject by powering of the drive and holding the eject
    button down while rebooting the library. This worked more times than not.
    It's worth a shot.

    "Travis Longworth" wrote in message

    > I have a Compaq DLT380 with an AIT35 drive and this is the second time

    that
    > the tape will not eject in 2 weeks. The first time Compaq sent out a new
    > drive to me and after installing it I got one backup out of it but the

    tape
    > will not eject. I tried to having backup exec run an eject but it just

    sits
    > at 0%, I have also tried pushing the eject button on the drive and

    nothing.
    > I have tried rebooting, restarting the services and everything else I can
    > think of. what could be causing this problem?????

  4. Re: Tape won't eject

    Download the TSMC from Compaq and run a thorough test (eject, rewind etc).
    It helps to determine wether it's hardware or software prob.

    http://Www.compaq.com/products/stora...smc/index.html

    cheers,
    -jenn

    "John Gold" wrote:
    >Used to have this problem with an Exabyte MammothII drive in an autoloader..
    >I was able to force an eject by powering of the drive and holding the eject
    >button down while rebooting the library. This worked more times than not.
    >It's worth a shot.
    >
    >"Travis Longworth" wrote in message
    >>
    >> I have a Compaq DLT380 with an AIT35 drive and this is the second time

    >that
    >> the tape will not eject in 2 weeks. The first time Compaq sent out a

    new
    >> drive to me and after installing it I got one backup out of it but the

    >tape
    >> will not eject. I tried to having backup exec run an eject but it just

    >sits
    >> at 0%, I have also tried pushing the eject button on the drive and

    >nothing.
    >> I have tried rebooting, restarting the services and everything else I

    can
    >> think of. what could be causing this problem?????

+ Reply to Thread