Backup scheduling - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Backup scheduling - Veritas Backup Exec ; I need some assistance here. I have come across a strange problem. I want to backup my servers every friday night, however I realized that there are 5 fridays several times a year. Is there any way to schedule the ...

  1. Backup scheduling

    I need some assistance here. I have come across a strange problem. I want
    to backup my servers every friday night, however I realized that there are
    5 fridays several times a year. Is there any way to schedule the backups
    so that I can backup each friday ONCE? please give me a hand here. Thanks
    for your time.

    M Hannan

  2. Re: Backup scheduling

    mmm

    Set the schedule for "Day of Week" and select Friday?

    How are the rest of your backups scheduled that a 5th Friday causes a problem.

    Matt Hannan wrote:

    > I need some assistance here. I have come across a strange problem. I want
    > to backup my servers every friday night, however I realized that there are
    > 5 fridays several times a year. Is there any way to schedule the backups
    > so that I can backup each friday ONCE? please give me a hand here. Thanks
    > for your time.
    >
    > M Hannan

  3. Re: Backup scheduling

    Go ken.... Go ken.....

    You've been watching too much of the netmeeting newsgroup where every body
    is flaming everyone else at any opportunity!!!!LOL
    Only joking m8...... easy one though wasn't it!!

    OJ

  4. Re: Backup scheduling

    I wish it was that easy, however i do not want to do the weekly and the monthly
    backup to happen on the same day. There is no sense in doing it twice.
    I have the scheduler set for fridays monthly too.

    "OJ" wrote:
    >Go ken.... Go ken.....
    >
    >You've been watching too much of the netmeeting newsgroup where every body
    >is flaming everyone else at any opportunity!!!!LOL
    >Only joking m8...... easy one though wasn't it!!
    >
    >OJ

+ Reply to Thread