Ex2K Public Folders not restoring - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Ex2K Public Folders not restoring - Veritas Backup Exec ; I followed the TechNote ID: 244897. After I ran this restore, the PUBLIC folder is still the same. It did not restore what was previously there. Is there another trick besides (244897)? Thanks...

  1. Ex2K Public Folders not restoring

    I followed the TechNote ID: 244897. After I ran this restore, the PUBLIC
    folder is still the same. It did not restore what was previously there.
    Is there another trick besides (244897)?

    Thanks

  2. Re: Ex2K Public Folders not restoring

    if you're trying to recover a lost file/folder, then the transaction logs
    are replayed at the end of the restore, so the deletion is also replyed.

    You should run a backup (purging the logs), then do the restore.

    This can go wrong, and you may be unable to mount your store after - so KB
    Q253931 may come in handy!!

    jag

    "Taylor" wrote:

    >I followed the TechNote ID: 244897. After I ran this restore, the PUBLIC
    >folder is still the same. It did not restore what was previously there.
    > Is there another trick besides (244897)?
    >
    >Thanks

+ Reply to Thread