Exchange Restore Redirection - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Exchange Restore Redirection - Veritas Backup Exec ; Can I re-direct an Exchange restore to another server, and if so, how?...

  1. Exchange Restore Redirection

    Can I re-direct an Exchange restore to another server, and if so, how?

  2. Re: Exchange Restore Redirection

    No, you can not redirect the restore of an Exchange information store or
    directory store. You must restore it to a server with identical
    Orgnization/Site/Server name info in the same domain. So you need to
    restore it to a server that's off the LAN onto a recovery server.

    "Paul Davis" wrote in message
    > Can I re-direct an Exchange restore to another server, and if so, how?

  3. Re: Exchange Restore Redirection

    Does that mean that I would need to have another version of 8.5 set up off
    the network and the system that I am restoring the database would have to be
    the same name as the original server name and exchange name structure in
    order to restore the databases?

    "Ronnie" wrote in message news:3ced35ac$1@hronntp01....
    > No, you can not redirect the restore of an Exchange information store or
    > directory store. You must restore it to a server with identical
    > Orgnization/Site/Server name info in the same domain. So you need to
    > restore it to a server that's off the LAN onto a recovery server.
    >
    > "Paul Davis" wrote in message
    > > Can I re-direct an Exchange restore to another server, and if so, how?

+ Reply to Thread