Catalogs on 8.0 - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Catalogs on 8.0 - Veritas Backup Exec ; All, I have a site I manage down under, and they are setup with BENT 8.0 The catalog options are setup to use storage media based catalogs. In looking for disk space as we are getting low on the system ...

  1. Catalogs on 8.0

    All,

    I have a site I manage down under, and they are setup with BENT 8.0

    The catalog options are setup to use storage media based catalogs. In
    looking for disk space as we are getting low on the system drive, I found
    that I only had 3 catalogs written in the year 2002. I found 500 MB worth
    from 2001. I would like to know if by selecting media based cataloging, if
    this prevents file catalogs from being created?

    Any info is a help.

    John

  2. Re: Catalogs on 8.0

    Shouldn't

    John Trainer wrote:

    > All,
    >
    > I have a site I manage down under, and they are setup with BENT 8.0
    >
    > The catalog options are setup to use storage media based catalogs. In
    > looking for disk space as we are getting low on the system drive, I found
    > that I only had 3 catalogs written in the year 2002. I found 500 MB worth
    > from 2001. I would like to know if by selecting media based cataloging, if
    > this prevents file catalogs from being created?
    >
    > Any info is a help.
    >
    > John

+ Reply to Thread