Installing Agent Accelerator after Backup Exec is installed - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Installing Agent Accelerator after Backup Exec is installed - Veritas Backup Exec ; Is it possible to reinstall Backup Exec 7.0 and install the Accelerator Agents w/o overwriting the configurations, catalogs, backup selections, logs, etc.? Also, I've purchased v.8.6 - will I be able to upgrade 7.0 and retain all the settings and ...

  1. Installing Agent Accelerator after Backup Exec is installed

    Is it possible to reinstall Backup Exec 7.0 and install the Accelerator Agents
    w/o overwriting the configurations, catalogs, backup selections, logs, etc.?

    Also, I've purchased v.8.6 - will I be able to upgrade 7.0 and retain all
    the settings and configurations?

    Thanks!!!!!!!

  2. Re: Installing Agent Accelerator after Backup Exec is installed

    Replies in-line

    Kenneth Pizzagoni wrote:

    > Is it possible to reinstall Backup Exec 7.0 and install the Accelerator Agents
    > w/o overwriting the configurations, catalogs, backup selections, logs, etc.?

    for v7, as long as you have MultiServer/Enterprise Edition, just take the install
    cd to the remote machines and run ..\install\eng\i386\ntaa\setupaa.cmd

    If you mean can you re-install v7 on top of the existing code without losing
    anything, - yes you can.

    > Also, I've purchased v.8.6 - will I be able to upgrade 7.0 and retain all
    > the settings and configurations?

    Yes. Remember that you need a separte Remote Agent for each remote server that
    you want to backup

    > Thanks!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread