Can I prevent director folder from deleting after archive? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Can I prevent director folder from deleting after archive? - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have a slight dilemma in that I do not want my folder deleted after I archive the files in a particular directory. I've tried going into the "Advanced Selection Options" or (Text display) and manually telling it to only ...

  1. Can I prevent director folder from deleting after archive?

    I have a slight dilemma in that I do not want my folder deleted after I archive
    the files in a particular directory.

    I've tried going into the "Advanced Selection Options" or (Text display)
    and manually telling it to only archive those files ending with the .dmp
    extension.

    Any ideas?

  2. Re: Can I prevent director folder from deleting after archive?

    Easiest way to do this is to create a file called KeepMe.Txt (or something similar)
    that contains one or two lines of text explaining it's use.. Then place a copy in
    any directory that you suspect may be emptied by an archive job. Edit the excludes
    select list and add \\*\*\ in the path area and KeepMe.txt in the files area and be
    sure to check the sub-directories box.

    KJ wrote:

    > I have a slight dilemma in that I do not want my folder deleted after I archive
    > the files in a particular directory.
    >
    > I've tried going into the "Advanced Selection Options" or (Text display)
    > and manually telling it to only archive those files ending with the .dmp
    > extension.
    >
    > Any ideas?

+ Reply to Thread