Corrupt Information Store when backing up Exchange5.5 - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Corrupt Information Store when backing up Exchange5.5 - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have been using BackupExec 8.5 to back up my Exchange 5.5 (SP4)Directory and Information Store for the last year without any problems until the last few days, when the following message has been appearing in the backup log file ...

  1. Corrupt Information Store when backing up Exchange5.5

    I have been using BackupExec 8.5 to back up my Exchange 5.5 (SP4)Directory
    and Information Store for the last year without any problems until the last
    few days, when the following message has been appearing in the backup log
    file while backing up the Information Store.

    Media Name: "Media created 16/05/02 14:22:14 "
    Backup of "\\REDRLDN\Microsoft Exchange Information Store "
    Backup set #2 on storage media #1
    Backup set description: "Backup 0004"
    Backup Type: FULL - Database & Logs (flush committed logs)
    Backup started on 16/05/02 at 14:22:49 .
    The Exchange Store service is not responding. Backup set aborted.
    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    WARNING: "Information Store" is a corrupt file.
    This file cannot verify.
    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

    This message appears with verify on and off. Is this and Exchange problem
    or a Backup problem? Appreciate any ideas.

    Terry

  2. Re: Corrupt Information Store when backing up Exchange5.5

    Go to the Boolean search page at
    http://seer.support.veritas.com/sear.../is_search.asp

    and enter Backup Exec for NT and 2000, and V8.5, then "Exchange" and MUST ALSO
    "responding"

    You should get 17 hits

    Terry Kelliher wrote:

    > I have been using BackupExec 8.5 to back up my Exchange 5.5 (SP4)Directory
    > and Information Store for the last year without any problems until the last
    > few days, when the following message has been appearing in the backup log
    > file while backing up the Information Store.
    >
    > Media Name: "Media created 16/05/02 14:22:14 "
    > Backup of "\\REDRLDN\Microsoft Exchange Information Store "
    > Backup set #2 on storage media #1
    > Backup set description: "Backup 0004"
    > Backup Type: FULL - Database & Logs (flush committed logs)
    > Backup started on 16/05/02 at 14:22:49 .
    > The Exchange Store service is not responding. Backup set aborted.
    > ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    > WARNING: "Information Store" is a corrupt file.
    > This file cannot verify.
    > ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    >
    > This message appears with verify on and off. Is this and Exchange problem
    > or a Backup problem? Appreciate any ideas.
    >
    > Terry

+ Reply to Thread