off line when restarting services - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on off line when restarting services - Veritas Backup Exec ; After restarting the backup exec service, my tape devices both show as "DeviceName - Off line". Under the Properties, Configuration tab, the device is selected as Enabled and under Tools, Configuration Wizard the devices show up. What would cause this ...

  1. off line when restarting services

    After restarting the backup exec service, my tape devices both show as "DeviceName
    - Off line". Under the Properties, Configuration tab, the device is selected
    as Enabled and under Tools, Configuration Wizard the devices show up. What
    would cause this and how do I correct it?

  2. Re: off line when restarting services

    Peter

    You might have a corrupt PVL.MDB file. Make sure that all Backup Exec
    services are stopped. Go to X:\Program files\Veritas\Backup Exec\Nt and
    rename the PVL.MDB file to PVL.OLD. You then need to copy the file from the
    Backup Exec CD or Download, should be located in INSTALL\UTILS. Make sure
    that you remove the READ attribute from the file. Then restart Backup Exec
    services. You also might need to power down server and if drives are
    external power down them as well.

    "Pete Juratovic" wrote in message

    > After restarting the backup exec service, my tape devices both show as

    "DeviceName
    > - Off line". Under the Properties, Configuration tab, the device is

    selected
    > as Enabled and under Tools, Configuration Wizard the devices show up.

    What
    > would cause this and how do I correct it?

+ Reply to Thread