Remote Agent for HP-UX 11.x - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Remote Agent for HP-UX 11.x - Veritas Backup Exec ; Does anyone know of a Backup Exec Remote Agent for UNIX (HP-UX 11.x) ? The latest version that I have found is for HP-UX 10.20 and this was dated Feb 2002 which is quite recent. Other versions of Unix included ...

  1. Remote Agent for HP-UX 11.x

    Does anyone know of a Backup Exec Remote Agent
    for UNIX (HP-UX 11.x) ?
    The latest version that I have found is for HP-UX 10.20
    and this was dated Feb 2002 which is quite recent.
    Other versions of Unix included Solaris 8 and Linux 7.2
    which are the latest versions of those products, so maybe
    there isn't one for HP-UX 11?
    It is possible that there's no demand because most HP
    users use Omniback-II instead? (s!)

    I'll be grateful for any responses. I might try the HP-UX
    10.20 agent out of interest just to see what happens.

    Regards,
    Bob Gillzean.

  2. Re: Remote Agent for HP-UX 11.x

    Yeah, that's the latest one I could find too.

    Probably wnat to contact Veritas directly either by phone or the E-Mail support
    page at http://seer.support.veritas.com/emai...Next+%3E%3E%3E
    (URL may be wrapped)

    "Bob Gillzean" wrote:

    >Does anyone know of a Backup Exec Remote Agent
    >for UNIX (HP-UX 11.x) ?
    >The latest version that I have found is for HP-UX 10.20
    >and this was dated Feb 2002 which is quite recent.
    >Other versions of Unix included Solaris 8 and Linux 7.2
    >which are the latest versions of those products, so maybe
    >there isn't one for HP-UX 11?
    >It is possible that there's no demand because most HP
    >users use Omniback-II instead? (s!)
    >
    >I'll be grateful for any responses. I might try the HP-UX
    >10.20 agent out of interest just to see what happens.
    >
    >Regards,
    >Bob Gillzean.

  3. Re: Remote Agent for HP-UX 11.x

    Hi

    We have the same problem and was calling veritas. they told us that they are
    developing a version for hpupx 11. But no given dates.

    Bruno
    "Ken Putnam" wrote in message

    > Yeah, that's the latest one I could find too.
    >
    > Probably wnat to contact Veritas directly either by phone or the E-Mail

    support
    > page at

    http://seer.support.veritas.com/emai...?s=1&ddProduct
    =BEWNT&Linkpageid=&lang=English&submit1=Next+%3E%3E%3E
    > (URL may be wrapped)
    >
    > "Bob Gillzean" wrote:
    > >
    > >Does anyone know of a Backup Exec Remote Agent
    > >for UNIX (HP-UX 11.x) ?
    > >The latest version that I have found is for HP-UX 10.20
    > >and this was dated Feb 2002 which is quite recent.
    > >Other versions of Unix included Solaris 8 and Linux 7.2
    > >which are the latest versions of those products, so maybe
    > >there isn't one for HP-UX 11?
    > >It is possible that there's no demand because most HP
    > >users use Omniback-II instead? (s!)
    > >
    > >I'll be grateful for any responses. I might try the HP-UX
    > >10.20 agent out of interest just to see what happens.
    > >
    > >Regards,
    > >Bob Gillzean.

+ Reply to Thread