Data error (cyclic redundancy check) - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Data error (cyclic redundancy check) - Veritas Backup Exec ; WOW! I've searched and read the knowledge base, and the news groups about the cyclic redundancy check without success. I haven't found a concrete answer or reason why this Error started and how to correct it other than it's a ...

  1. Data error (cyclic redundancy check)

    WOW! I've searched and read the knowledge base, and the news groups about
    the cyclic redundancy check without success. I haven't found a concrete
    answer or reason why this Error started and how to correct it other than
    it's a common occurance. Iíve used new tape stock, cleaned the drive several
    times, executed different backup jobs.

    any advise is greatly appreciated.

    thanks.
    mike

    Storage device "COMPAQ 0" reported an error on a request to write data to
    media.

    Error reported:
    Data error (cyclic redundancy check)

    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

  2. Re: Data error (cyclic redundancy check)

    There isn't one cause for CRC errors. http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/192216.htm
    lists several things (including those you have already tried) that can be
    done.

    "mike" wrote:

    >WOW! I've searched and read the knowledge base, and the news groups about
    >the cyclic redundancy check without success. I haven't found a concrete
    >answer or reason why this Error started and how to correct it other than
    >it's a common occurance. Iíve used new tape stock, cleaned the drive several
    >times, executed different backup jobs.
    >
    >any advise is greatly appreciated.
    >
    >thanks.
    >mike
    >
    >Storage device "COMPAQ 0" reported an error on a request to write data to
    >media.
    >
    >Error reported:
    >Data error (cyclic redundancy check)
    >
    >^ ^ ^ ^ ^