Difference encountered in file data - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Difference encountered in file data - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi, In the job log at verification I'm getting the following message "The file is different." "Difference encountered in file data.". These files are not used for a long time. Can I have the log to give me the details ...

  1. Difference encountered in file data

    Hi,

    In the job log at verification I'm getting the following message "The file
    is different." "Difference encountered in file data.". These files
    are not used for a long time. Can I have the log to give me the details of
    the differences?

    TIA,

    Simon Braver

  2. Re: Difference encountered in file data

    Veritas "verify" does not compare tape to disk. see

    Sounds like you need to update drivers for your SCSI controller and tape
    device, firmware, and possible connector cables, possible try new tapes. If
    your drive came with some diagnostic software, run a few passes.

    Simon Braver wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > In the job log at verification I'm getting the following message "The file
    > is different." "Difference encountered in file data.". These files
    > are not used for a long time. Can I have the log to give me the details of
    > the differences?
    >
    > TIA,
    >
    > Simon Braver

+ Reply to Thread