error - remote agent not present - its installed and service is running - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on error - remote agent not present - its installed and service is running - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have tried the following articles but i am still having problems with server detecting the remote agent. I have tried the following a.. installed appletalk and disabled it, removed it from registry under winsock b.. reinstalled ntaa using setupaa.cmd ...

  1. error - remote agent not present - its installed and service is running

    I have tried the following articles but i am still having problems with
    server detecting the remote agent. I have tried the following

    a.. installed appletalk and disabled it, removed it from registry under
    winsock
    b.. reinstalled ntaa using setupaa.cmd
    c.. I am backing up using user-defined shares so lmhost entry was not
    necessary
    d.. i do see the backup agent service running on the target box.

    Please advise. Thanks.

    Ken Putnam" wrote in message

    > see http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/234471.htm
    > and http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/190717.htm
    >
    > http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/233459.htm may also apply,though it
    > doesn't specifically mention the Agent not found Message
    >

    > "Anant Shah" wrote:
    > >getting error - remote agent not preset - agent is present on the system

    > and
    > >service is running
    > >
    > >Veritas BackupExec for windows NT version 8.5 revision 3572
    > >
    > >OS - Windows 2000 advanced server
    > >
    > >I reinstalled the agent from CDRom using setupaa.cmd and rebooted but did
    > >not work.
    > >
    > >Please advise.
    > >
    > >Thanks.

  2. Re: error - remote agent not present - its installed and service isrunning

    See also http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/190717.htm

    Anant Shah wrote:

    > I have tried the following articles but i am still having problems with
    > server detecting the remote agent. I have tried the following
    >
    > a.. installed appletalk and disabled it, removed it from registry under
    > winsock
    > b.. reinstalled ntaa using setupaa.cmd
    > c.. I am backing up using user-defined shares so lmhost entry was not
    > necessary
    > d.. i do see the backup agent service running on the target box.
    >
    > Please advise. Thanks.
    >
    > Ken Putnam" wrote in message
    > >
    > > see http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/234471.htm
    > > and http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/190717.htm
    > >
    > > http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/233459.htm may also apply,though it
    > > doesn't specifically mention the Agent not found Message
    > >

    > > "Anant Shah" wrote:
    > > >getting error - remote agent not preset - agent is present on the system

    > > and
    > > >service is running
    > > >
    > > >Veritas BackupExec for windows NT version 8.5 revision 3572
    > > >
    > > >OS - Windows 2000 advanced server
    > > >
    > > >I reinstalled the agent from CDRom using setupaa.cmd and rebooted but did
    > > >not work.
    > > >
    > > >Please advise.
    > > >
    > > >Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread