UNIX agents for BENT v8.6 - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on UNIX agents for BENT v8.6 - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi, Is it possible to backup UNIX servers using BENT 8.6? Many Thanks Dave...

  1. UNIX agents for BENT v8.6

    Hi,

    Is it possible to backup UNIX servers using BENT 8.6?

    Many Thanks

    Dave

  2. Re: UNIX agents for BENT v8.6

    yep - check out http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/192093.htm

    I'm currently backing up a Linux server (Red Hat 7.0) running on a Compaq/Intel
    platform without any problems. I've tested the Unix agent on a Sun Sparcstation
    running Solaris 8, and the backup worked, but performance was terrible.
    I haven't spent much time troubleshooting the performance problem, though.

+ Reply to Thread