Corrupt email messages - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Corrupt email messages - Veritas Backup Exec ; Has Veritas made any progress on eliminating the erroneous "corrupted email" warnings when doing brick-level Exchange backups? I only do brick-level backups once a week, but every day I back up the Information stores. I do realize the negatives of ...

  1. Corrupt email messages

    Has Veritas made any progress on eliminating the erroneous "corrupted email"
    warnings when doing brick-level Exchange backups?

    I only do brick-level backups once a week, but every day I back up the
    Information stores. I do realize the negatives of doing brick-level backups
    but I have chosen to do it once a week still.

    --
    Rod

  2. Re: Corrupt email messages

    I've been having this problem for a while and believe I've found a pattern:
    the corrupt mails seem to be those with attachments that arrive while the
    mailboxes/store are being backed up. Is this old news? Can anyone confirm
    this? Simply compare the timestamp of the original e-mail header with the
    timestamps in the back up log. Note that you have to check when the e-mail
    originally arrived in your system. If it gets forwarded later, the mail will
    show up (and again appear corrupt) in the senders sent items and the
    recipients inbox.

    "Rod Savard" wrote in message
    > Has Veritas made any progress on eliminating the erroneous "corrupted

    email"
    > warnings when doing brick-level Exchange backups?
    >
    > I only do brick-level backups once a week, but every day I back up the
    > Information stores. I do realize the negatives of doing brick-level

    backups
    > but I have chosen to do it once a week still.
    >
    > --
    > Rod

+ Reply to Thread