getting error - remote agent not preset - agent is present on the system and service is running - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on getting error - remote agent not preset - agent is present on the system and service is running - Veritas Backup Exec ; getting error - remote agent not preset - agent is present on the system and service is running Veritas BackupExec for windows NT version 8.5 revision 3572 OS - Windows 2000 advanced server I reinstalled the agent from CDRom using ...

  1. getting error - remote agent not preset - agent is present on the system and service is running

    getting error - remote agent not preset - agent is present on the system and
    service is running

    Veritas BackupExec for windows NT version 8.5 revision 3572

    OS - Windows 2000 advanced server

    I reinstalled the agent from CDRom using setupaa.cmd and rebooted but did
    not work.

    Please advise.

    Thanks.

  2. Re: getting error - remote agent not preset - agent is present on the system and service is running

    see http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/234471.htm
    and http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/190717.htm

    http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/233459.htm may also apply,though it
    doesn't specifically mention the Agent not found Message

    "Anant Shah" wrote:
    >getting error - remote agent not preset - agent is present on the system

    and
    >service is running
    >
    >Veritas BackupExec for windows NT version 8.5 revision 3572
    >
    >OS - Windows 2000 advanced server
    >
    >I reinstalled the agent from CDRom using setupaa.cmd and rebooted but did
    >not work.
    >
    >Please advise.
    >
    >Thanks.

  3. Re: getting error - remote agent not preset - agent is present on the system and service is running

    I have tried the following articles but i am still having problems with server detecting the remote agent. I have tried the following

    a.. installed appletalk and disabled it, removed it from registry under winsock
    b.. reinstalled ntaa using setupaa.cmd
    c.. I am backing up using user-defined shares so lmhost entry was not necessary
    d.. i do see the backup agent service running on the target box.

    Please advise. Thanks.

    Ken Putnam" wrote in message news:3ce00101$1@hronntp01....

    > see http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/234471.htm
    > and http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/190717.htm
    >
    > http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/233459.htm may also apply,though it
    > doesn't specifically mention the Agent not found Message
    >

    > "Anant Shah" wrote:
    > >getting error - remote agent not preset - agent is present on the system

    > and
    > >service is running
    > >
    > >Veritas BackupExec for windows NT version 8.5 revision 3572
    > >
    > >OS - Windows 2000 advanced server
    > >
    > >I reinstalled the agent from CDRom using setupaa.cmd and rebooted but did
    > >not work.
    > >
    > >Please advise.
    > >
    > >Thanks.

  4. Re: getting error - remote agent not preset - agent is present on thesystem and service is running

    See also http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/190717.htm

    Anant Shah wrote:

    > I have tried the following articles but i am still having problems
    > with server detecting the remote agent. I have tried the following
    >
    > * installed appletalk and disabled it, removed it from registry
    > under winsock
    > * reinstalled ntaa using setupaa.cmd
    > * I am backing up using user-defined shares so lmhost entry was not
    > necessary
    > * i do see the backup agent service running on the target box.
    >
    > Please advise. Thanks. Ken Putnam" wrote in
    > message news:3ce00101$1@hronntp01....>
    > > see http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/234471.htm
    > > and http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/190717.htm
    > >
    > > http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/233459.htm may also

    > apply,though it
    > > doesn't specifically mention the Agent not found Message
    > >

    > > "Anant Shah" wrote:
    > > >getting error - remote agent not preset - agent is present on the

    > system
    > > and
    > > >service is running
    > > >
    > > >Veritas BackupExec for windows NT version 8.5 revision 3572
    > > >
    > > >OS - Windows 2000 advanced server
    > > >
    > > >I reinstalled the agent from CDRom using setupaa.cmd and rebooted

    > but did
    > > >not work.
    > > >
    > > >Please advise.
    > > >
    > > >Thanks.