Restored files set System attribute to hidden - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Restored files set System attribute to hidden - Veritas Backup Exec ; I recently restored from a backup tape, realised that all of my restored files have had their hidden system attribute set. These attributes were not set, before the backup, so how has it happened. This prevented my users from viewing ...

  1. Restored files set System attribute to hidden

    I recently restored from a backup tape, realised that
    all of my restored files have had their hidden system attribute set. These
    attributes were not set, before the backup, so how has it happened.
    This prevented my users from viewing their files, unless they had changed
    their windows explorer hidden files open to on.

    Has anyone encountered a similar problem, and found out the cause.

    Used NT BackupExec 8.6 3808.

    Cheers

    Stuart Hitchings

  2. Re: Restored files set System attribute to hidden

    I have the following problem:

    Sometimes (+/- 5 times a month) the read only atrributes are
    removed from a lot of DWG files. Maybe from all the read only files but the
    owner of these files complains because these files must be read only. I have
    set an audit on the files. You can see that the system account is trying
    to open the file. After that the read only attribute is removed and the system
    account opens it again. I can't find the proces which can make thess changes.
    Every workday of the week we make a full backup (copy) with backup exec 8.5.
    Could it be Backup Exec what can make these changes??? We use Sophos antivirus.
    Daily we do a normal scan (*.exe, *.zip etc). In the weekend we do a full
    scan. The attribute changes and the virusscan where never at the same time
    but could it be Sophos or is it a known Windows NT problem??

    Co

    "Stuart Hitchings" wrote:
    >I recently restored from a backup tape, realised that
    >all of my restored files have had their hidden system attribute set. These
    >attributes were not set, before the backup, so how has it happened.
    >This prevented my users from viewing their files, unless they had changed
    >their windows explorer hidden files open to on.
    >
    >Has anyone encountered a similar problem, and found out the cause.
    >
    >Used NT BackupExec 8.6 3808.
    >

    >Cheers
    >
    >Stuart Hitchings

+ Reply to Thread