Warning - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Warning - Veritas Backup Exec ; After a full complete backup on one of our servers running Backup Exec 8.5 the message; "Warning Device: Quantum 1 The tape drive is having problems writing data. No data has been lost, but there has been a reduction in ...

  1. Warning

    After a full complete backup on one of our servers running Backup Exec 8.5
    the message; "Warning
    Device: Quantum 1
    The tape drive is having problems writing data. No
    data has been lost, but there has been a reduction in the capacity of the
    tape"
    In looking at the Event log it states is at ID # 57987 and I can't find anything
    on this. help...

  2. Re: Warning

    If your drive came with some diagnostic software, run a couple of passes.
    If not, try a couple of cleaning passes, update firmware and drivers, maybe replace
    the SCSI cable

    Linda wrote:

    > After a full complete backup on one of our servers running Backup Exec 8.5
    > the message; "Warning
    > Device: Quantum 1
    > The tape drive is having problems writing data. No
    > data has been lost, but there has been a reduction in the capacity of the
    > tape"
    > In looking at the Event log it states is at ID # 57987 and I can't find anything
    > on this. help...

  3. Re: Warning

    Ken Putnam wrote:
    >If your drive came with some diagnostic software, run a couple of passes.
    >If not, try a couple of cleaning passes, update firmware and drivers, maybe

    replace
    >the SCSI cable
    >
    >Linda wrote: Thanks for the suggestions. Cleaning the tape drive a couple

    of times seems to have gotten rid of the error message.

    >> After a full complete backup on one of our servers running Backup Exec

    8.5
    >> the message; "Warning
    >> Device: Quantum 1
    >> The tape drive is having problems writing data.

    No
    >> data has been lost, but there has been a reduction in the capacity of

    the
    >> tape"
    >> In looking at the Event log it states is at ID # 57987 and I can't find

    anything
    >> on this. help...

+ Reply to Thread