Restore Public Folder - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Restore Public Folder - Veritas Backup Exec ; Does anyone know how to restore an individual public folder? I know you can restore single mailboxes, but can't see how to do public folders. Thanks, Pete....

  1. Restore Public Folder

    Does anyone know how to restore an individual public folder?
    I know you can restore single mailboxes, but can't see how to do public folders.

    Thanks,

    Pete.

  2. Re: Restore Public Folder

    Hi Pete !

    IMHO you canīt do that.
    (i donīt remember where but i think i have read this somewhere on
    Microsoft...)

    Bye, Danny

    "Pete" schrieb im Newsbeitrag

    > Does anyone know how to restore an individual public folder?
    > I know you can restore single mailboxes, but can't see how to do public

    folders.

    > Thanks,
    >
    > Pete.

  3. Re: Restore Public Folder

    Yeah, as far as I'm aware, while you can restore the individual mailboxes,
    folders and mails, when it comes to the public folders you have to do all of
    nothing, which is a bit of a pain.

    It'd be nice if Veritas added that as a feature to a future release

    "Danny Wackes" wrote in message
    > Hi Pete !
    >
    > IMHO you canīt do that.
    > (i donīt remember where but i think i have read this somewhere on
    > Microsoft...)
    >
    > Bye, Danny
    >
    > "Pete" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > >
    > > Does anyone know how to restore an individual public folder?
    > > I know you can restore single mailboxes, but can't see how to do public

    > folders.
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > >
    > > Pete.

  4. Re: Restore Public Folder

    I found out that ArcServe has an option to backup and restore individual public
    folders. Would be nice if Veritas came up with a similar option, yeah!

    "Keith Langmead" wrote:
    >Yeah, as far as I'm aware, while you can restore the individual mailboxes,
    >folders and mails, when it comes to the public folders you have to do all

    of
    >nothing, which is a bit of a pain.
    >
    >It'd be nice if Veritas added that as a feature to a future release
    >
    >"Danny Wackes" wrote in message
    >> Hi Pete !
    >>
    >> IMHO you canīt do that.
    >> (i donīt remember where but i think i have read this somewhere on
    >> Microsoft...)
    >>
    >> Bye, Danny
    >>
    >> "Pete" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    >> >
    >> > Does anyone know how to restore an individual public folder?
    >> > I know you can restore single mailboxes, but can't see how to do public

    >> folders.
    >> >
    >> > Thanks,
    >> >
    >> > Pete.

+ Reply to Thread