BENT Services fail to start at boot time. - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on BENT Services fail to start at boot time. - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have 5 BENT 8.6 machines all using the same userid and password. 4 of these start up properly at boot time, 1 does not. If I go in right after the system comes up, go to services, and start ...

  1. BENT Services fail to start at boot time.

    I have 5 BENT 8.6 machines all using the same userid and password.

    4 of these start up properly at boot time, 1 does not.

    If I go in right after the system comes up, go to services, and start the
    Back Exec services, they start like a charm. This tells me that the userid
    and password are ok.

    I am getting a 7013 event for the device and media service which tells that
    the logon attempt failed. Unknown user name or password.

    The server that does not start the services automatically is a Windows 2000
    Server with AD on it. It is a Global Catalog and a Domain Controller, so
    it should be able to find the userid/password locally. I am using an id
    that is in Domain Admin's and Local Admin. It is not a local account.

    Help!

  2. Re: BENT Services fail to start at boot time.

    It's kind of a band-aid, but you could use something like AutoExNT from the
    resource kit to execute the BESTART cmd file at boot time til you figure out
    what's going on

    Terry Burgess wrote:

    > I have 5 BENT 8.6 machines all using the same userid and password.
    >
    > 4 of these start up properly at boot time, 1 does not.
    >
    > If I go in right after the system comes up, go to services, and start the
    > Back Exec services, they start like a charm. This tells me that the userid
    > and password are ok.
    >
    > I am getting a 7013 event for the device and media service which tells that
    > the logon attempt failed. Unknown user name or password.
    >
    > The server that does not start the services automatically is a Windows 2000
    > Server with AD on it. It is a Global Catalog and a Domain Controller, so
    > it should be able to find the userid/password locally. I am using an id
    > that is in Domain Admin's and Local Admin. It is not a local account.
    >
    > Help!

+ Reply to Thread