Tape labels not showing up in Backup Exec 8.6 b3878 - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Tape labels not showing up in Backup Exec 8.6 b3878 - Veritas Backup Exec ; Device: TL891 OS: Windows 2000 Drivers: MS drivers with RSM turned OFF. When I load a new magazine into Backup Exec, the scanned tape labels are not showing up. If I do an "initialize", it also does not show the ...

  1. Tape labels not showing up in Backup Exec 8.6 b3878

    Device: TL891
    OS: Windows 2000
    Drivers: MS drivers with RSM turned OFF.

    When I load a new magazine into Backup Exec, the scanned tape labels are
    not showing up. If I do an "initialize", it also does not show the tape labels.

    I contacted Compaq and they advised running TSMC, I ran that utility and
    it shows the tape labels after they are scanned.

    Any ideas?

  2. Re: Tape labels not showing up in Backup Exec 8.6 b3878

    Have you tried running an Inventory All after swapping magazines?

    "Jerry Cole" wrote:

    >Device: TL891
    >OS: Windows 2000
    >Drivers: MS drivers with RSM turned OFF.
    >
    >When I load a new magazine into Backup Exec, the scanned tape labels are
    >not showing up. If I do an "initialize", it also does not show the tape

    labels.

    >I contacted Compaq and they advised running TSMC, I ran that utility and
    >it shows the tape labels after they are scanned.
    >
    >Any ideas?

  3. Re: Tape labels not showing up in Backup Exec 8.6 b3878

    Ken,

    Yes and that shows the tapes correctly but the software is supposed to read
    the bar code labels thus eliminating the need for a time-consuming inventory.

    "Ken Putnam" wrote:

    >Have you tried running an Inventory All after swapping magazines?
    >
    >"Jerry Cole" wrote:
    >>
    >>Device: TL891
    >>OS: Windows 2000
    >>Drivers: MS drivers with RSM turned OFF.
    >>
    >>When I load a new magazine into Backup Exec, the scanned tape labels are
    >>not showing up. If I do an "initialize", it also does not show the tape

    >labels.
    >>
    >>I contacted Compaq and they advised running TSMC, I ran that utility and
    >>it shows the tape labels after they are scanned.
    >>
    >>Any ideas?

  4. Re: Tape labels not showing up in Backup Exec 8.6 b3878

    Same issue here.

    I resorted to running an inventory job before the first job of each evening
    to make sure the correct tapes are picked up.

    To do this automatically you could run e.g.

    bemcmd -o103 -a"QUALSTAR 1" -s1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 (or the equivalent for
    your library)

    as a pre_job_command.

    Cheers,
    Roger

    Device: Qualstar 4212
    OS: Windows 2000
    Drivers: MS

    "Jerry Cole" wrote in message

    > Ken,
    >
    > Yes and that shows the tapes correctly but the software is supposed to

    read
    > the bar code labels thus eliminating the need for a time-consuming

    inventory.

    > "Ken Putnam" wrote:
    > >
    > >Have you tried running an Inventory All after swapping magazines?
    > >
    > >"Jerry Cole" wrote:
    > >>
    > >>Device: TL891
    > >>OS: Windows 2000
    > >>Drivers: MS drivers with RSM turned OFF.
    > >>
    > >>When I load a new magazine into Backup Exec, the scanned tape labels are
    > >>not showing up. If I do an "initialize", it also does not show the tape

    > >labels.
    > >>
    > >>I contacted Compaq and they advised running TSMC, I ran that utility and
    > >>it shows the tape labels after they are scanned.
    > >>
    > >>Any ideas?

+ Reply to Thread