No more data is on the tape error - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on No more data is on the tape error - Veritas Backup Exec ; I am using Backaup Exec v8.60 Rev3808 and today I got the following error. What does this error mean and is tere patch for it? Storage device "HP 1" reported an error on a request to write a file mark ...

  1. No more data is on the tape error

    I am using Backaup Exec v8.60 Rev3808 and today I got the following error.
    What does this error mean and is tere patch for it?

    Storage device "HP 1" reported an error on a request to write a file mark
    to media.

    Error reported:
    No more data is on the tape.

    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

  2. Re: No more data is on the tape error

    I'll second this post. We've had intermittant occurances of this over the
    past
    several months. We're using a pair of HP Surestore DAT24's and a SunMicro

    DAT24x6 A/L's and the drive doesn't seem to matter. It only occurs on the
    weekday incrementals, so we've tried creating new jobs, reinstalling, new
    tapes,
    (the gamut) to no avail. Okay Veritas, is anyone listening???

    "Igor P." wrote:

    >I am using Backaup Exec v8.60 Rev3808 and today I got the following error.
    >What does this error mean and is tere patch for it?
    >
    >Storage device "HP 1" reported an error on a request to write a file mark
    >to media.
    >
    >Error reported:
    >No more data is on the tape.
    >
    >^ ^ ^ ^ ^

  3. Re: No more data is on the tape error

    This was one symptom of a known probem in v7.3, v8.0 and v8.5 but was supposedly
    fixed in v8.6

    Have you contacted Veritas directly (ain't no Veritas folks here, officially,
    anyway) It may well be worth the cost of an incident, or the E-Mail support
    page is at http://seer.support.veritas.com/emai...BEWNT&crumb=on
    (URL may be wrapped)
    tho there have been reports of spotty response to that here in the forum.

    "Jim Richards" wrote:

    >I'll second this post. We've had intermittant occurances of this over the
    >past
    >several months. We're using a pair of HP Surestore DAT24's and a SunMicro
    >
    >DAT24x6 A/L's and the drive doesn't seem to matter. It only occurs on the
    >weekday incrementals, so we've tried creating new jobs, reinstalling, new
    >tapes,
    >(the gamut) to no avail. Okay Veritas, is anyone listening???
    >

    >"Igor P." wrote:
    >>
    >>I am using Backaup Exec v8.60 Rev3808 and today I got the following error.
    >>What does this error mean and is tere patch for it?
    >>
    >>Storage device "HP 1" reported an error on a request to write a file mark
    >>to media.
    >>
    >>Error reported:
    >>No more data is on the tape.
    >>
    >>^ ^ ^ ^ ^

  4. Re: No more data is on the tape error

    Hello,
    By any chance did you get this problem solved? I am getting the "no more
    data is on the tape error" when I try to create a tape label. I am also
    running BE 8.6.

    "Ken putnam" wrote:

    >This was one symptom of a known probem in v7.3, v8.0 and v8.5 but was supposedly
    >fixed in v8.6
    >
    >Have you contacted Veritas directly (ain't no Veritas folks here, officially,
    >anyway) It may well be worth the cost of an incident, or the E-Mail support
    >page is at http://seer.support.veritas.com/emai...BEWNT&crumb=on
    >(URL may be wrapped)
    >tho there have been reports of spotty response to that here in the forum.
    >
    >"Jim Richards" wrote:
    >>
    >>I'll second this post. We've had intermittant occurances of this over

    the
    >>past
    >>several months. We're using a pair of HP Surestore DAT24's and a SunMicro
    >>
    >>DAT24x6 A/L's and the drive doesn't seem to matter. It only occurs on

    the
    >>weekday incrementals, so we've tried creating new jobs, reinstalling, new
    >>tapes,
    >>(the gamut) to no avail. Okay Veritas, is anyone listening???
    >>

    >>"Igor P." wrote:
    >>>
    >>>I am using Backaup Exec v8.60 Rev3808 and today I got the following error.
    >>>What does this error mean and is tere patch for it?
    >>>
    >>>Storage device "HP 1" reported an error on a request to write a file mark
    >>>to media.
    >>>
    >>>Error reported:
    >>>No more data is on the tape.
    >>>
    >>>^ ^ ^ ^ ^