8.6 3878, Exchange 2000 Site Replication Failure (SRS) - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on 8.6 3878, Exchange 2000 Site Replication Failure (SRS) - Veritas Backup Exec ; We have an exchange 2000 server which was setup to replicate with an old exchange 5.5 server until we removed the old 5.5 server. How can I completely remove the SRS option instead of just unchecking it? Shouldn't it just ...

  1. 8.6 3878, Exchange 2000 Site Replication Failure (SRS)

    We have an exchange 2000 server which was setup to replicate with an old
    exchange 5.5 server until we removed the old 5.5 server.

    How can I completely remove the SRS option instead of just unchecking it?
    Shouldn't it just go away now? I have reinstalled BE.

    In the process, the SRS replication was allowed to be backed up in 8.6. Now
    that SRS is no longer used, the jobs are failing with these messages:

    Media Name: "Media created 4/29/2002 08:00:07 PM"
    Backup of "\\SIN1\Microsoft Site Replication Service\SRS Storage "
    Backup set #11 on storage media #1
    Backup set description: "exchange"
    Backup Type: FULL - Database & Logs (flush committed logs)
    Backup started on 4/30/2002 at 9:12:59 AM.
    The Exchange Store service is not responding. Backup set canceled.
    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    WARNING: "SRS MDB" is a corrupt file.
    This file cannot verify.
    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    Log files
    The Exchange Store service is not responding. Backup set canceled.
    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    WARNING: "Log files" is a corrupt file.
    This file cannot verify.
    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

  2. Re: 8.6 3878, Exchange 2000 Site Replication Failure (SRS)

    Matt,

    You will have to edit the selections list of the job, via text format and
    remove the line " \\SIN1\Microsoft Site Replication Service\SRS Storage "
    1. Go to Job Definitions Tab, and double click your job that backups the
    Exchange server.
    2. Go to "Selections tab"
    3. Under "Display" choose "Text version"
    4. Find the line \\SIN1\Microsoft Site Replication Service\SRS Storage and
    "Delete" this line.
    "OK" to go back to the application.
    Hope this helps.

    DJ

    "MattH" wrote in message
    > We have an exchange 2000 server which was setup to replicate with an old
    > exchange 5.5 server until we removed the old 5.5 server.
    >
    > How can I completely remove the SRS option instead of just unchecking it?
    > Shouldn't it just go away now? I have reinstalled BE.
    >
    > In the process, the SRS replication was allowed to be backed up in 8.6.

    Now
    > that SRS is no longer used, the jobs are failing with these messages:
    >
    > Media Name: "Media created 4/29/2002 08:00:07 PM"
    > Backup of "\\SIN1\Microsoft Site Replication Service\SRS Storage "
    > Backup set #11 on storage media #1
    > Backup set description: "exchange"
    > Backup Type: FULL - Database & Logs (flush committed logs)
    > Backup started on 4/30/2002 at 9:12:59 AM.
    > The Exchange Store service is not responding. Backup set canceled.
    > ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    > WARNING: "SRS MDB" is a corrupt file.
    > This file cannot verify.
    > ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    > Log files
    > The Exchange Store service is not responding. Backup set canceled.
    > ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    > WARNING: "Log files" is a corrupt file.
    > This file cannot verify.
    > ^ ^ ^ ^ ^