Where is the MAC OSX Agent? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Where is the MAC OSX Agent? - Veritas Backup Exec ; I don't see where in the Administrator manual where it talks about the MAC OSX agent, in fact it dosent even mention it. Is there an agent for MAC OSX? Where is it? How do you install it? Have a ...

  1. Where is the MAC OSX Agent?

    I don't see where in the Administrator manual where it talks about the MAC
    OSX agent, in fact it dosent even mention it. Is there an agent for MAC
    OSX? Where is it? How do you install it? Have a lot of graphic designers
    that use Mac OSX and would be nice to be able to back up their server.

  2. Re: Where is the MAC OSX Agent?

    Latest thing that I can find is http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/242557.htm
    dated 10 Dec 2001. At that point, OS X was not a supported OS.

    You can express your displeasure (for whatever it's worth) at the E-Mail
    Support page at http://seer.support.veritas.com/emai...BEWNT&crumb=on
    (URL may be wrapped)
    or the Product Enhancements page at http://enhancement.veritas.com/

    Or you could create a MAC Volume on an NT/2000 server and have them archive
    their work there, then back that up (I think, it's been a while since I played
    with MAC volumes on NT)

    "Ryan" wrote:

    >I don't see where in the Administrator manual where it talks about the MAC
    >OSX agent, in fact it dosent even mention it. Is there an agent for MAC
    >OSX? Where is it? How do you install it? Have a lot of graphic designers
    >that use Mac OSX and would be nice to be able to back up their server.

  3. Re: Where is the MAC OSX Agent?

    Check here:
    C:\Program Files\VERITAS\Backup Exec\NT\agents\MacOSX
    The file is called be_agnt.tar
    Look under the Backup Exec Help for installation instructions.

+ Reply to Thread