Disabled Mailbox is an error ? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Disabled Mailbox is an error ? - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi NG, TechNote ID: 239006 Symptom: Mailbox for a user account that has been disabled in Active Directory when being backed up returns the error "Directory not Found. Can not backup directory and its subdirectories." How i can prevent Backup ...

  1. Disabled Mailbox is an error ?

    Hi NG,

    TechNote ID: 239006

    Symptom:

    Mailbox for a user account that has been disabled in Active Directory when
    being backed up returns the error "Directory not Found. Can not backup
    directory and its subdirectories."

    How i can prevent Backup Exec 8.6 from failing a backup operation when
    encountering disabled Mailboxes?
    Is there a reg-key like HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\VERITAS\Backup
    Exec\Engine\Backup "Fail Jobs on Corrupt Files"? (TechNote ID: 193940)

    Thank's

    O. Janke

  2. Re: Disabled Mailbox is an error ?

    Hi O.Janke

    We have the same problem and we use Backup Exec 9.00 with Windows 2000 Active
    Directory and Exchange 2000.The only diffrence is that we diable the Useraccount
    because he/her is leaving the Company and we don't want to delete the useraccount
    immediately.After we disable the Useraccount an Error Mesage apears:
    Directory not fount. Can not backup directory ."username" [username] and
    its subdirectories.

    Job Status ---> Failed

    Thoes anyone in the NG now how to accomplish Job Status --> Successful with
    disabled Useraccounts and backing up the Mailboxes from this Accounts?

    Thanks and cheers

    Miguel

    "O. Janke" wrote:
    >Hi NG,
    >

    >TechNote ID: 239006
    >
    >Symptom:
    >
    >Mailbox for a user account that has been disabled in Active Directory when
    >being backed up returns the error "Directory not Found. Can not backup
    >directory and its subdirectories."
    >

    >How i can prevent Backup Exec 8.6 from failing a backup operation when
    >encountering disabled Mailboxes?
    >Is there a reg-key like HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\VERITAS\Backup
    >Exec\Engine\Backup "Fail Jobs on Corrupt Files"? (TechNote ID: 193940)
    >

    >Thank's
    >
    >O. Janke

+ Reply to Thread