BEMCMD script examples wanted. - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on BEMCMD script examples wanted. - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi All, I'm fairly new to backup exec and have discovered that there are certain things that I can't get the GUI mode of backup exec to do for me. If you looked at one of my previous posts concerning ...

  1. BEMCMD script examples wanted.

    Hi All,

    I'm fairly new to backup exec and have discovered that there are certain
    things that I can't get the GUI mode of backup exec to do for me. If you
    looked at one of my previous posts concerning the Pre Command execution then
    you know why I'm back.

    If anyone has some examples of a script file for the command line applet,
    I'd really appreciate being able to take a peek at them to help me set up my
    system.

    We have a Dell PowerVault 120T with a DLT autoloader. I have set up a batch
    file that the system scheduler runs. This file performs shutdowns of
    software and does datastore backups on the system and then calls bemcmd. I
    have been able to get it to work using a single 20gb tape drive but I'm not
    sure how it will handle the autoloader. I'd like to have it do full backups
    once a week and differentials daily.

    So...if anyone is using the command line applet in conjunction with an
    autoloader I'd appreciate a peek at your script files.

    Thanx

  2. Re: BEMCMD script examples wanted.

    I'm not sure whether this will help much, it's a fairly simple script (as
    are all my scripts).

    Called with bemcmd -o90 -f"E:\be\jobscripts\MyServer.full".

    Cheers,

    Roger

    P.S. The part that frustrates me is that if you submit a job with a date or
    time in the past, it runs immediately, rather than waiting until the next
    scheduled time. (i.e. If I create a job that is scheduled to run on
    Saturdays, and submit it with no date or last Saturdays date, it will run
    immediately. This is a real pain in the backside, as I have to make sure
    the date is correct in each and every script when I resubmit them...)

    //begin script
    //see chapter 14 of the BackupExec Manual for more detail.

    [General]

    JOB_TYPE=Backup
    JOB_NAME=MyServer - Full
    // Name of Backup Server NOT the server to be backed up...
    SERVER=Lazarus

    [Backup_Options]

    BK_SET_NAME=Weekly Full
    BK_METHOD=0
    IMAGE_BACKUP=NO
    DEVICE_NAME=QUALSTAR 1 [0001..0010]
    USE_OPEN_FILE_OPTION=NO
    OPEN_FILES_METHOD=0
    OVERWRITE_JOB=YES

    [Media_Options]

    MEDIA_SET=Rotation - Full
    APPEND_NO_OVERWRITE=NO
    VERIFY=NO
    COMPRESSION_TYPE=0
    CHECKSUM=YES

    [Miscellaneous]

    //PRE_JOB_COMMAND=
    //POST_JOB_COMMAND=

    [Schedule]

    // *NOTE* DATE=mm/dd/yy format
    DATE=03/02/02
    TIME=02:20
    DAYS=SAT
    RUN_IMMEDIATE=NO

    [Selections]

    PATH1=\\MyServer\C$\*.*
    INCLUDE1=YES
    SUBDIRS1=YES

    PATH2=\\MyServer\D$\*.*
    INCLUDE2=YES
    SUBDIRS2=YES

    PATH3=\\MyServer\F$\*.*
    INCLUDE3=YES
    SUBDIRS3=YES

    PATH4=\\MyServer\System?State\*.*
    INCLUDE4=YES
    SUBDIRS4=YES

    //end script

  3. Re: BEMCMD script examples wanted.

    I sent in that request because I couldn't get mine to work...lo and
    behold...it started working when I replaced the tape. Apparently, I had a
    bad tape that the drive wasn't seeing as bad and I sure didn't think they
    could be bad since I removed the cellophane wrappers from them before
    putting them in the drive.

    Thanks for taking the time to respond.

+ Reply to Thread