BENT 8.6 installation error - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on BENT 8.6 installation error - Veritas Backup Exec ; I install veritas backup exec 8.6 on a compaq DL380 server with NT 4.0 SP6 and SQL 6.5 installed. When the installation progressed to 50%, It occured follwing error: Failed to register component becatdrv.dll - return code 1 Failed to ...

  1. BENT 8.6 installation error

    I install veritas backup exec 8.6 on a compaq DL380 server with NT 4.0 SP6
    and SQL 6.5 installed. When the installation progressed to 50%, It occured
    follwing error:

    Failed to register component becatdrv.dll - return code 1
    Failed to register component storex.ocx
    Failed to register component schedu.dll
    Failed to register component schedudir.dll

    I can continue to complete the installation but the software can not running
    correctly.
    Can anybody give me suggestions ?

  2. Re: BENT 8.6 installation error

    I get exactly the same error did you find a fix?

    "Wah" wrote:
    >I install veritas backup exec 8.6 on a compaq DL380 server with NT 4.0 SP6
    >and SQL 6.5 installed. When the installation progressed to 50%, It occured
    >follwing error:
    >
    >Failed to register component becatdrv.dll - return code 1
    >Failed to register component storex.ocx
    >Failed to register component schedu.dll
    >Failed to register component schedudir.dll
    >
    >I can continue to complete the installation but the software can not running
    >correctly.
    >Can anybody give me suggestions ?

  3. Re: BENT 8.6 installation error

    See http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/233142.htm

    Ken wrote:

    >I get exactly the same error did you find a fix?
    >

    >"Wah" wrote:
    >

    >>I install veritas backup exec 8.6 on a compaq DL380 server with NT 4.0 SP6
    >>and SQL 6.5 installed. When the installation progressed to 50%, It occured
    >>follwing error:
    >>
    >>Failed to register component becatdrv.dll - return code 1
    >>Failed to register component storex.ocx
    >>Failed to register component schedu.dll
    >>Failed to register component schedudir.dll
    >>
    >>I can continue to complete the installation but the software can not running
    >>correctly.
    >>Can anybody give me suggestions ?

+ Reply to Thread