Compaq ssl2020 Autoloader problem - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Compaq ssl2020 Autoloader problem - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hello I have resently bought a Compaq ssl2020 Autoloader and i have a Compaq scsi 3 card in the computer. some times but not all the times tje tape hangs at 1% in verify, i have replaced the drivers, change ...

  1. Compaq ssl2020 Autoloader problem

    Hello

    I have resently bought a Compaq ssl2020 Autoloader and i have a Compaq
    scsi 3 card in the computer.

    some times but not all the times tje tape hangs at 1% in verify, i
    have replaced the drivers, change the scsi Id ( Loader 2 Tape 3 ) etc
    etc.

    The Logfile in Backup Exec 8.6 says

    Verify of "\\SRV03\C$ "
    Backup set #1 on storage media #1
    Backup set description: "Full Backup Srv03"
    Verify started on 2002-04-04 at 17:41:11 .

    Storage device "COMPAQ 1" reported an error on a request to read data
    from media.

    Error reported:
    The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error.
    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

    Verify completed on 2002-04-04 at 17:44:18 .
    Verified 599 files in 125 directories.
    0 files were different.
    Processed 52*058*799 bytes in 3 minutes and 7 seconds.
    Throughput rate: 15,9 MB/min

    Anyone have a clue??

  2. Re: Compaq ssl2020 Autoloader problem

    Anders wrote:
    >Hello
    >
    >I have resently bought a Compaq ssl2020 Autoloader and i have a Compaq
    >scsi 3 card in the computer.
    >
    >some times but not all the times tje tape hangs at 1% in verify, i
    >have replaced the drivers, change the scsi Id ( Loader 2 Tape 3 ) etc
    >etc.
    >
    >The Logfile in Backup Exec 8.6 says
    >
    >Verify of "\\SRV03\C$ "
    >Backup set #1 on storage media #1
    >Backup set description: "Full Backup Srv03"
    >Verify started on 2002-04-04 at 17:41:11 .
    >
    >Storage device "COMPAQ 1" reported an error on a request to read data
    >from media.
    >
    >Error reported:
    >The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error.
    >^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    >

    >Verify completed on 2002-04-04 at 17:44:18 .
    >Verified 599 files in 125 directories.
    >0 files were different.
    >Processed 52*058*799 bytes in 3 minutes and 7 seconds.
    >Throughput rate: 15,9 MB/min
    >
    >Anyone have a clue??

  3. Re: Compaq ssl2020 Autoloader problem

    Hi,

    I am having the exact same problem, also we are unable to restore from tape.
    It appears that the unit will not read from tape.

    Everything is brand new, we have tried different controllers, cables etc
    and Compaq have replaced the drive inside the library.

    Anyone have any solutions to this ?

    Thanks

    Andy

    "Andy Bell" wrote:

    >Anders wrote:
    >>Hello
    >>
    >>I have resently bought a Compaq ssl2020 Autoloader and i have a Compaq
    >>scsi 3 card in the computer.
    >>
    >>some times but not all the times tje tape hangs at 1% in verify, i
    >>have replaced the drivers, change the scsi Id ( Loader 2 Tape 3 ) etc
    >>etc.
    >>
    >>The Logfile in Backup Exec 8.6 says
    >>
    >>Verify of "\\SRV03\C$ "
    >>Backup set #1 on storage media #1
    >>Backup set description: "Full Backup Srv03"
    >>Verify started on 2002-04-04 at 17:41:11 .
    >>
    >>Storage device "COMPAQ 1" reported an error on a request to read data
    >>from media.
    >>
    >>Error reported:
    >>The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error.
    >>^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    >>

    >>Verify completed on 2002-04-04 at 17:44:18 .
    >>Verified 599 files in 125 directories.
    >>0 files were different.
    >>Processed 52*058*799 bytes in 3 minutes and 7 seconds.
    >>Throughput rate: 15,9 MB/min
    >>
    >>Anyone have a clue??

+ Reply to Thread