Backup Exec driver for XP? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Backup Exec driver for XP? - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have been using Backup Exec for Windows 95. Is there a driver that will enable it to work with Windows XP? Charlie Harris...

  1. Backup Exec driver for XP?

    I have been using Backup Exec for Windows 95. Is there a driver that will
    enable it to work with Windows XP?

    Charlie Harris

  2. Re: Backup Exec driver for XP?

    I doubt it. I just checked the system requirements for backup MYPc (formerly
    BackupExec for Desktops) and XP still isn't supported.

    If you were useing BackupExec NT, v8.6 and were on build 3878, then XP is
    suported with some tweaking.

    "Charles Harris" wrote:

    >I have been using Backup Exec for Windows 95. Is there a driver that will
    >enable it to work with Windows XP?
    >
    >Charlie Harris

  3. Re: Backup Exec driver for XP?

    The latest version of Backup Exec for the desktop comes as part of XP. It
    is a loadable option for XP but loads by default on XP Pro. Check your XP
    CD for it.

    "Ken Putnam" wrote:

    >I doubt it. I just checked the system requirements for backup MYPc (formerly
    >BackupExec for Desktops) and XP still isn't supported.
    >
    >If you were useing BackupExec NT, v8.6 and were on build 3878, then XP is
    >suported with some tweaking.
    >
    >"Charles Harris" wrote:
    >>
    >>I have been using Backup Exec for Windows 95. Is there a driver that will
    >>enable it to work with Windows XP?
    >>
    >>Charlie Harris

+ Reply to Thread