I have two tape robotic tape drives that were run on seperate servers. I combined
the two BreeceHill q2.15 INTO A DAISY CHAIN. tHE SLOTS, DRIVES AND EVERYTHING
LOOK GOOD IN THE BACKUP EXEC 8.6 GUI. However, when I try to inventory, initialize
or label the tapes I receive an error message of "Catastrophic failure".
The job stops about 2 minutes into any of the methods I know to inventory
the tapes. Of course, if the tape drive does not recognize the tapes then
I can not complete the backups. The first robotic tape drive is still working
with no problems. It is the second one that was added that I am having problems.ANy